Sunday 20th Jul '08

Today at work I didn't bring any lunch with me since I had crashed on Ben and Sarah's couch last night. I went to the hospital's cafeteria hoping there would be something that at least looked appetising. Their food isn't too bad, it just tends to taste really bland.

I was in luck. I decided on the Pepperoni Lasagne with some vegetables and potatoes. The vegetables were all just steamed and normally I would ask for some gravy over them but that would have bad to mix with the lasagne, which was on the bottom of the takeaway container.

The lasagne...not bad! The pepperoni had the most flavour out of the entire dish.

Back at home, Mum had cooked curry so I made some al dente spaghetti to go with it instead of rice. Yum!

For supper I had taken a bag of clams out of the freezer to thaw out earlier and I planned on making some pasta with them. It's been a while since I've had clams. It's getting more difficult to find them at the seafood stores! You usually can find the large ones but I prefer the little ones as they are a replacement for my cockles fetish.

I made a tomato and white wine sauce with mushrooms to go with the cockles.

No comments: