Saturday 19th Jul '08

Today at work I reheated one of the frozen soups I have in the freezer. Potato and leek soup. I didn't add any milk into it as I didn't feel like it.

After work, I headed over to Sarah's place as we were going out for dinner. Sarah had organised a dinner with the staff in her department and since everyone was bringing along their partner, she was bringing me as hers. It was absolutely FREEZING as we braved the two minute walk down the street to the restaurant. We were eating at the Balmoral tonight. It's one of my favourite pubs and the food there has always been fantastic when I've eaten there.

For our entree, Sarah and I shared the Salt and Pepper Squid. Tim ordered the Balmoral Plate. We were initially going to order that, but when I found out that it was no longer being served with the octopus, I changed my mind, since that was what I really wanted. So, the squid sufficed. The squid was lightly battered and deep fried and seasoned delicately. Delicious!!

For our mains, I managed to snap a few photos of the meals that the people sitting around me had ordered - thanks guys!

Sarah - Bangers and Mash
Boo - Steak and Chips with Gravy
Meg - Chicken Breast Involtini
Andrew - Pepper Crusted Kangaroo


Myself - Sirloin


I asked for my sirloin cooked medium. Someone asked me if my steak had been cooked as I'd asked and because it was so dark in the restaurant, I had to take a photo of my steak after I'd cut it in half to confirm! I was very happy with my steak but disappointed with my vegetables. I was really looking forward to the potatoes, beans and cherry tomatoes but when I tried my first mouthful, it tasted like curry. I had several other people try it and the consensus was that there was definitely some curry powder in the sauce. Very disappointed *shakes her head*. I was craving just a good ol' steak with vegetables and gravy. I should have ordered what Boo had - the steak and chips with gravy.

Only a few of us had dessert. I managed to take a photo of the dessert that Erin and Tim ordered - looks to me like chocolate tart?

Erin & Tim's Dessert


back row L to R: Paul, Angela, Christine, ME, Erin, Sarah, Andrew
front row L to R: David, Boo, Carmen, Meg

I hope I didn't get anyone's names wrong - I'm surprised I've remembered as many as I have, being so bad with names!


It was a great night out. For me it was good to catch up with a few of the ladies since I haven't seen them for such a long time now that I no longer work at the core laboratory. I'm sure Sarah had a good time too.


I was crashing at Ben and Sarah's so Boo drove us home - yes, it was a rather short drive! I got the munchies again (of course) and Ben and I had some mee goreng. I was tired and hungry so I forgot about taking a photo. I drank a whole pot of tea. I think it was brown rice tea? Tastes like popcorn!

No comments: