Wednesday 18th Jun '08

This morning before heading to work, I noticed that one of my very pregnant guppies had something protruding from its butt. I've been doing a bit of reading online recently on guppies and what to expect when they give birth so I could be prepared to look after it. I scooped the guppy and put her into a little separate breeder tank and sure enough, after about fifteen minutes, I saw what looked like a pair of eyes belonging to a little baby guppy sticking out her bum! She swam around a bit and with a bit of a wriggle, the baby guppy (fry) shot out. Sooo cute!! I was able to watch another one being born before I had to head off to work.

Excited to be a new father to baby guppies, I rushed home to see how many I would end up with. I counted about sixteen. They're so so so cute! Each one is about the size of a grain of rice.

Prying myself away from the fish tank, I made myself dinner.

Beef eye fillet panfried with sliced garlic and chilli
served with Cajun dusted potato wedges
and Portabello mushroom in butter

No comments: