Sunday 31st Aug '08

Today I got outside in the garden to check on my plants and give them a watering. I water them nearly everyday except when it rains.

The newest addition to my garden - oregano

Pictured above is my mint that I bought from the Canningvale Markets one Sunday. It was beginning to 'branch out' of the pot so over the past few months I've cut off some of the 'branches' and planted them into some of the other pots and they've been doing really well. The main plant looked like it was on the verge of dying a few weeks ago - all the leaves were yellowy brown and shrivelled up - but it's really picked up now. Probably because of the sunny days we've been having recently. There are lots of new baby leaves sprouting along all the branches. I may cut them and transplant them to other pots soon. They smell so yummy.

My strawberry plants are yielding lots of strawberries but on a closer glance, about half of the strawberries are looking a bit deformed. I might google some tips on keeping the strawberries growing healthy and well.

My broccolini is doing well (some more than others). I might get out there tomorrow and treat my plants with some Seasol and Thrive.

My baby cos is growing wonderfully!! I think I'll be doing the rounds and bringing some to friends soon! The plants on the bottom are the first lot of garlic I planted and apparently they'll be ready by October. I can't wait!

For lunch today I ate all the leftovers I brought home from our Iron Chef dinner last night. I've spent all day updating my blog and it will finally be up to date after this entry.

Tonight for dinner I had chicken.

Peri Peri Chicken Thigh Fillets
with homemade Potato and Egg Plant Chips
and Sour Cream


That's the rest of the Nando's peri peri sauce used up!

I don't know what's wrong with me!? I was craving something with chocolate tonight so I found some strawberries in the fridge and coated them with some dark chocolate. I finished them off with a dusting of icing sugar. Mmmm...might make myself a cup of tea before bed.

No comments: