Monday 1st Sep '08

Tonight's dinner...

Panfried Salmon Steak
served on a bed of Risoni with Zucchini, Mushrooms & Herbs


Mum had made some soup so I also had some of that. It was delicious!! Simba was watching me slurp every drop of it, hoping that he might get some.

Braised Pork Trotter Soup


As I've mentioned, I've had quite the sweet tooth this week and I had just received a new cupcake recipe book from the book club at work so I decided I would bake some to bring in to work tomorrow.

The book I purchased is "the Crabapple Bakery Cupcake Cook Book". I made the simplest cupcake recipe in there - the first recipe of the book - haha!



Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting


I used food colouring to make the frosting yellow - they looked gorgeous and happy. On the way home from work, I had stopped by the Major Cake Decoration Supplies on Albany Highway, Victoria Park. My intention was to buy some supplies to use to decorate the cupcakes. Another hobby that I would like to get into one day is cake decorating. After speaking to the lady at the counter (she was a bit aloof), I decided on some Mexican sugar paste, some peach coloured colouring, and some fuschia dust. I got as far as to cut some of the Mexican paste off and knead some of the peach colouring into it, but I decided it was going to take too long to craft some flowers by hand. I'll have to invest in some shape cutters for the next time I decide to make and decorate cupcakes (or a cake).

No comments: