Thursday 21st Aug '08


Breakfast
Mee Goreng


Morning Tea
cup of Tea
Cruskits with Mascarpone
fresh Strawberries


Lunch
Mrs Mac's Beef & Mushroom Pie
Wholemeal Ham & Mediterranean Relish Sandwich


Dinner
Peri Peri Chicken
with Portuguese spiced Pumpkin Chips


I marinated the chicken last night with Nando's peri peri sauce. The maryland pieces were on special at Woolworths today but they look like they're off a turkey - they're massive!! At least twice the size of the ones that I've bought from Coles recently. I cut some pumpkin into chips and deepfried those in oil. I seasoned them with the Masterfoods Portuguese Chicken seasoning.

While waiting for the dinner to roast in the oven, I made a larger serve of the potato bake that I made a few nights ago. I didn't have enough provolone cheese so I also used a few layers of tasty cheese. That's lunch for tomorrow sorted!

Supper
Wan Tan Soup


I've been wanting to have wan tan soup for weeks now!! It's so hard to get some pork mince from the Coles near my place. They usually only have beef or chicken mince. When I spied some today, I quickly grabbed a packet and ducked into the Asian supermarket to buy some wan tan wrappers.

For the filling I used the pork mince, water chestnuts and shitake mushrooms. I seasoned it with some soy sauce. For the soup I use this wonderful time saver wan tan soup stock powder. It's alot easier than making the stock from ikan bilis (dried anchovies). I also threw in some pak choy and been sprouts.

No comments: