Tuesday 12th Aug '08

One thing I don't like about the night shift is that everyone else is at work so when I leave the house, Simba is all alone. He usually comes and looks out the window as I get into my car and drive off. Lately, he's begun actually jumping up onto the window ledge and lying there while I leave. I wonder how long he stays there after I've gone?

Yesterday Marissa had left me a couple pieces of carrot cake she'd made. I never got around to eating them since I was so busy. As I was driving to work, it hit me that I had left the pieces of cake on the computer in the lab! We're not allowed to have food inside the lab so I thought it would be amusing to the person who came in in the morning but I also hoped that we wouldn't get into trouble.

I managed to sneak away to eat some of the soup I'd made last night. While waiting for it to reheat in the microwave, I wolfed down the carrot cake. It was delicious! Still so moist but not soggy. Best carrot cake I've had in yonks!

Towards the end of my shift I started to get headachey. It blew out into a dull migraine by the time I got home. Sadly, I couldn't celebrate the end of my night shifts with the celebratory bottle of wine. Instead, I took a few panadol, had dinner my mum had left on the stove for me and went to bed, albeit bed time was about 5am.

bee hoon soup with capsicum yong tau fu,
cabbage, chicken and sliced crab cakes


I am so thankful my night shifts are over. It's been a very very long week with all the call-outs. I need sleep!!

No comments: