Wednesday 27th Aug '08


Breakfast
Pizza with Fresh Tomato, Basil & Bocconcini


Lunch
Hokkien Noodles with Beef & Vegetables
lots of chilli!


Dinner
Salmon Steak panfried with Garlic, Chilli & Thyme
side of Cous Cous & Vegetables


I was originally going to have some pasta with my salmon steak but I noticed I had a packet of couscous left in the pantry so decided to use it up. I was irritated to see that someone had actually cut open the bag that the instant cous cous comes in so I had to cook the cous cous loose in a pot of water with some salt. It wasn't as fluffy as it should have been because I wasn't able to drain as much of the water out as I usually could. The cous cous would have gone through the holes in the sieve! Anyhow, I did my best. I added some butter and a fresh squeeze of lemon juice while 'fluffing' it up with a fork. I scattered a few dried cranberries throughout the cous cous.

After frying my salmon steak, I threw in some chopped zucchini, onion and cherry tomatoes and fried on a high heat in the juices remaining from the salmon.

Vegetables went on top of the cous cous, the salmon steak on top of the vegetables. A drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of cracked black pepper - voi la!

No comments: