Thursday 28th Aug '08

Lunch
Chicken & Vegetable Soup with Pasta


Dinner
Peri Peri Chicken
Dutch Carrots with Honey
Homemade Potato Chips with Sour Cream


Are Dutch carrots from Holland? Why are they called Dutch carrots? They look like baby carrots to me. I've always wondered about this. It's time to google the answer.

Ah-ha! Apparently carrots used to be purple, black or red! It was the Dutch who created the orange carrot in the 17th century and hence Dutch carrots came about. Dutch carrots are basically baby carrots - so I was on the right track. Hmm...came across a website with tips on growing carrots and apparently it's time for me to 'thin' out the carrots that I have growing otherwise their growth with be pretty much stunted due to lack of space. Anyhoo...

I coated a couple of chicken thigh fillets with Nando's peri peri sauce and skewered them onto a metal skewer. I washed and cut the tops off the carrots and arranged them on the tray around the chicken. The honey was too hard to do anything with so I zapped it in the microwave and then brushed it onto the carrots generously.

Into the oven for about half an hour. I tested if the chicken was ready by stabbing a skewer into the fillets - the juices ran clear. Meanwhile, I deep fried some potatoes that I'd cut into chips and served these with my dinner with a side of sour cream. Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum!

With a bit of a sweet tooth this week, I had a cup of tea and some mini donuts from the shops for a night cap.

No comments: