Friday 19th Sep '08

Today I finally made it to the shops after a bit of dawdling around the house. I wanted to try to find some new clothes but after less than an hour of popping in and out of shops with no luck, I decided to try elsewhere. I hate shopping for clothes. I can stop at the shops every single day to buy groceries or crafty things, but I try to avoid shopping for clothes as much as possible. I'm just not a girly girl in that way. If I am to buy clothes, I'd rather go alone so I can get it over and done with quicker. No time wasted waiting for others to try things on and I don't have to feel bad keeping someone waiting while I'm trying things on.

Anyhoo...I started heading towards the city and decided to stop at Harbour Town. Nothing really caught my attention but I did end up buying a couple of singlet tops and a desktop calender for 2009. YAY - I always end up getting it well into the new year so I'm pretty happy to be a bit more prepared for next year.

I was meeting a few of the girls from work to watch the Beauty and the Beast musical at the Regal Theatre, Subiaco. It was only 5pm so I decided to head into Subiaco early to find parking and then find somewhere to have dinner.

I settled on the Witch's Cauldron. I've been here once before many years ago with Kong when we used to have our regular 'wine & dine' nights. The food was pretty good.

Innocent Bystander Pinot Gris by the glass


Appetiser - Cream of Dhufish Soup
This soup was absolutely beautiful! I wanted to lick the bowl clean...


Entree - Garlic Prawns
This is their signature dish. Delicous, plump, juicy prawns in a garlicky oil that arrives at the table sizzling.


Main - a Whole Crayfish with a selection of Salads
I was a bit overambitious in ordering three courses tonight, but luckily I had the foresight to not order a steak. The crayfish was perfectly balanced with the coleslaw and I finished the marinated artichokes. They also gave me some stuffed bell peppers and a potato salad but I couldn't bring myself to even touch them because I was so full.


Digestif - Limoncello


I managed to draw out dinner for almost two hours before crossing the street to meet the girls for the show. It was beautiful - funny and memory provoking. 'The Beauty and the Beast' is one of the first few Disney animated movies I've seen and I love the song that Celine Dion sang for it. A great night!


Back at home, I made supper.

Bee Hoon soup with Yong Tau Foo

No comments: