Tuesday 23rd Sep '08

Tonight is a cooking first for me! I bought some Antonio's Filo Pastry from the shops and although it's not the first time I've used filo pastry, it's the first time I've used filo pastry that hasn't been frozen. I've seen them use this brand of filo pastry all the time on 'Ready Steady Cook' and have been keen to find some to try. I was pretty surprised it's available in Perth! I'm going to make some chicken filo parcels for dinner.

For the filling...

  1. Fry garlic, celery, leek and sage leaves in some olive oil.
  2. Add a dash of white wine and some Vegeta stock powder.
  3. Once vegetables are softened, add some butter and plain flour.
  4. Cook for a few minutes until mixture has thickened.


Preparing the filo pastry...

1. Use four sheets for each parcel. Brush butter on the second sheet.

2. Place the mixture on the top layer.

3. Roll up pastry and fold ends under. Use some butter to help secure the pastry.

4. Brush top of parcels with butter.
5. Bake in oven until pastry has turned a golden brown colour.


For a side, I panfried some green beans and the rest of the enoki mushrooms I didn't use last night in some butter. I served the parcel with some of Teresa's sweet chilli sauce.



Verdict: Delicious!

No comments: