Wednesday 24th Sep '08

After work today I headed over to Marissa's and we drove to Westfield Carousel to have some reflexology done at Health Point. I really wanted my back, shoulders and feet done but there wasn't enough time so I decided that my feet needed the attention more. Marissa had her back and shoulders done.

While the lady was working away at my feet, I flipped through a '101 cocktail foods' book. Some interesting ideas in there...none of which I now remember. Goldfish memory.

After our pampering session, we went to get some scones from Coles and took them to Marissa's parents' place to have afternoon tea. Alas! The time was 5:40pm and we had a dinner reservation at Alure in a couple of hours. Not to mention we were a bit late for afternoon tea.

At Marissa's parents' place, I went outside to check out their garden. I love how they have so much space to plant their crops. Yes - crops. They grow enough of things that they are actually crops!

Their broccolini are huge!! More than three times the size of mine. It's a pity they haven't been eating the foliage. You can see one of their chooks in the background.


Mr Pelle amongst his fennel, garlic and beans. He was digging up some fennel for me to take home.


I absolutely love how this lettuce has just sprung up amidst the grass in their back yard lawn.


We eventually went inside and had the scones with jam and cream and a cup of tea.



Some lovely photos of my scones!


We decided not to go to Burswood tonight and instead joined Marissa's parents for dinner. Mrs Pelle had made some pasta. How could I refuse!?


Pasta with Tuna & Peas


Fusby


All in all an absolutely great night. I love having dinner with the Pelle's. Marissa's parents are gorgeous and we always have a good laugh. It's something I miss in my family. I don't think there will ever be a time when my parents can sit together with us to enjoy a meal in peace and joviality. It makes me sad to think about it but that's just how it is.

No comments: