Saturday 27th Sep '08

This morning Marissa and I woke up to find Teresa wasn't home. She shortly returned with some groceries and set about making a pasta bake to take to the lunch she was going to with Marissa later. Marissa and I made breakfast and we all sat outside to eat. It turned out to be a three course breakfast!

bacon, poached eggs & toasted english muffins
croissants with jam
greek style yoghurt with honey and fresh strawberries



I washed the strawberries with the hose. It's so nice to eat outdoors. I wish I could eat outside at home more often but our patio area is so cluttered with so much crap that I just can't enjoy it. Perhaps now that my vegetables are coming into season, I might be able to sit facing the garden beds.

Teresa's pasta bake


I got some leftover sauce and last night's soup to take home. While Marissa and Teresa were getting ready, I helped them make the dessert they were taking. Teresa had me mash some Philadelphia cream cheese with some caramel sauce and then spread the mixture between two biscuits to make little cookies.

I love how the cream cheese looked like crinkle cut chips when I mashed them


Back at home, I went to pick my first beetroot. Alas! I was expecting big beetroots but there were in fact nothing! Just the little beginnings of a beetroot. I think perhaps the weather was too cold when I planted them in May so I thinned out the seedlings and hopefully I will get some in a few months time. Bummer!

My first tomatoes have appeared


Later in the afternoon I went to Noel and Fleurette's place. Noel's having a LAN all weekend so I intend to keep Fleurette company since she doesn't do the whole geek thing. Sarah joined us and we started watching 'Grease' before getting dropped off at dinner. We had reservations for the Last Drop Brewery Restaurant on Nicholson Road, Canningvale. I've driven past this place many times and always wanted to go in for dinner.

Unfortunately, I left my camera on the kitchen bench at Fleurette's place so no photos. Fleurette took some on her mobile so if I can get them off her, I'll upload them. We shared the seafood platter as an entree - the beer battered fries were delicious!! We had to stop ourselves from polishing them off so that we'd have room for dinner. For our mains I had the sirloin steak with scallops and fetta mash; Sarah the pork ribs with salad; Fleurette the same as me. The dishes were the usual generous portions that you expect when you go for pub food. However, the only thing that disappointed me was that the steaks and scallops were cooked on a burner/grill and all I could taste was charcoal.

Back at Fleurette's, we had a few more drinks and danced around singing along with the rest of the movie. We tried a bit of karaoke but I think I need to get a new power supply for it because the microphone kept blinking out. We then put 'Hairspray' on and I barely was able to make it through the movie. Getting sleepy...I didn't get home until after 3am. Looking forward to our next girly night!

Peach Vodka, Lemonade, Fresh Mint

No comments: