Monday 10th Nov '08

Diary of a House-Sitter: Day SEVEN


I slept in my own bed last night because I was too tired to drive over to the house I'm sitting. In the morning, I got up and made myself a kebab with the leftover bolognaise sauce I cooked a few days ago.

bolognaise sauce
shredded lettuce


I watered my garden and checked up on my plants bearing fruit.

the romas are starting to turn red!
more yellow cherry tomotoes
broccolini
cauliflower head
capsicum


It's a pity I won't be around to harvest most of my crop since I'll be in Singapore.

Dinner was some bee hoon soup.

fish
chicken
fish cake
chinese vegetables


Before I headed over to my friend's house, Jocelyn ushered us all into the corridor outside her room so we could have a peep at Simba. He's staring intently at David, hoping he'll get some of his food.

I've started getting used to going back and forth from my friend's place to my own home. It reminds me of living away from home and stopping by to see the family, have a meal and then head home to veg and sleep. When my friends asked me to house-sit for them, they told me to make myself at home and to treat their place as if it were my own sanctuary from the bothers of my dysfunctional family. It sure is a sanctuary. My friends are really neat and tidy, which is fantastic because I get very particular about being clean at home. I get the peace and quiet each night while I have a hot cup of tea, watch TV and then wander off to bed. No nagging mum, no grumpy dad, no sisters to contend with. I know I'm going to really enjoy living on my own again, but a few things are for sure:

  1. I will have to get my own dog.
  2. I will have to live in or in the surrounding area to Thornlie to be near friends and family.

No comments: