Sunday 9th Nov '08

Diary of a House-Sitter: Day SIX


I slept in for most of the day and then went home to check up on my fish, plants and Simba. I blogged a bit and then headed out to dinner at Ramona's place. She's cooking for us!

We started with some starters - I was too hungry to remember to take photos! She served us some sausages (they tasted like they were just plain vienna sausages that you get from the deli section of the supermarket) that she fried in onion, curry powder and other spices. YUM!

Once everyone arrived, we all chatted while Ramona disappeared to set up dinner. We opened a bottle of sparkling and then made our way into the dining room where a Sri Lankan feast awaited us. Now, I don't know the names of any of the dishes but I'll just list each one and you can drool.

prawns in spicy tomato
pork belly curry
chicken curry
caramelised eggplant
saffron rice with boiled egg
pickled vegetables
potato curry
dhal
pappadums



a little bit of this...a little bit of that...


our gracious host in the blue


Dessert!

gulab jamun - courtesy of Marissa
a sweet spicy eggy custard
fruit salad with vanilla and spices
ice cream



What a fantastic meal!! It's a pity we had to call it a night so early but we all went home happy.

I went home to check some emails and Simba managed to get a hold of my lip balm. This is what's left of it...

No comments: