Monday 17th Nov '08

Geraldton - Day TWO


This morning I woke up and made a quick packet of mee goreng for breakfast before catching a taxi into work. I had the same driver that drove me around yesterday pick me up, D'arcy. He was like a tour guide, pointing out all the historical buildings and it was a pleasant ride despite having to have the heater on his car because the radiator was overheating.

At work, I quickly settled in - there were a few familiar faces from the last time I was here. I took the work car out to pick up lunch - Jesters. Last time I had waited about an hour to get Subway for lunch, and since it was right next door I thought I'd try my luck but as soon as I got near the door, I saw the massive queue so backed away and headed into Jesters.

Chunky Beef (stockmans) Pie & Chips


I thought I'd try something different rather than the usual 'Spud Deluxe' that I always get. The meat was a bit too chunky for my liking. The chips were just as saltily seasoned as those I get from Carousel in Perth.

After work, I took the courier car and went grocery shopping at Woolworths. I cautiously selected what I thought I'd need for the next few days and then went 'home' to unload my purchases. I quickly changed into my beach gear and got into the car to find the nearest beach. I was in luck...right down the road was Sunset Beach, which made sense since the suburb I was staying in is named as such. It brought a smirk to my face thinking about the American TV drama series I used to watch late at night during TEE called 'Sunset Beach'. It pretty much was like the 'Bold & the Beautiful' except set by the beach. Just as addictive and lame though - hee hee.






I didn't feel like a swim since I was pretty much alone on that stretch of coast aside from the guy walking his two dogs. If anything should happen to me, no one would know so I thought better of it and just walked amongst the lapping tide. It was great to get the fresh air and just unwind. It's not often you find yourself on a stretch of beach alone. Beautifully tranquil and invigorating.

After my stroll, I went back to the house, had a shower and started on dinner. I made a creamy penne pasta with chicken, garlic, onion, zucchini, mushroom and basil. I poured in a good drop of white wine too.


Last night was scary to sleep on my own, but after several glasses of wine and a few cups of tea, I was ready for bed. I slept very well.

No comments: