Monday 15th Dec '08

Singapore Day 14


[1315hrs] I felt like some pasta today so I took the MRT to Holland Village for lunch.

Jelan Merah Saga


Da Paolo La Terrazza


To start off, I ordered a glass of the house wine - an Italian Riesling - SD$10.00 - quite nice.

entree
Insalata di Fegato d'Anatra all'Aceto Balsamico eMiele
mixed greens, pan seared duck liver, green apple & honey-balsamic vinegar dressing - SD$28.00


main
Linguine alle Vongole
linguine with fresh clams, garlic, chilli & white wine - SD$24.00


dessert lychee sorbet - SD$8.00
digestif limoncello - SD$10.00


The macchiato I ordered was superb!


[1500hrs] I walked a few streets over and had a few cocktails while working on a crossword puzzle.

chocolate martini
lychee martini
watermelon martini


I'm sitting in a bar in Holland Village. We've just had a huge downpour. It's been raining most of the day. Much like my mood.

I headed out on my own today to try to destress and try to get rid of the tightness I felt in my chest. I've never gotten along with my mum as well as I would like to. I suppose mostly because I am too independent and prefer to do things for myself and not let her "fuss" over me. I think she is mad at me because of this. She truly believe that she feels that I think I am too good for her and don't need her like Christina and Jocelyn do. She's always wanted me to set an example for my sisters yet when I try, it gets thrown back in my face - as if I'm just a child who doesn't know what I'm doing. I hate that Mum can't be more proud of me for me who I am and what I have achieved on my own.

I thought I'd give her the benefit of the doubt and and book my holidays to stay in Singapore for a month in order to be here to celebrate her birthday with her. I should have gone with my gut instinct and made other holiday plans like I had considered.

With Jocelyn and Christina gone, I will be really uncomfortable staying at my Aunty's place with my mum barely talking to me. So...I have made reservations at a hotel for the last several days of my stay after Christmas. It's for the best...

"The one you fight with the most is the one most like you" - a line from the '4 Christmases' movie.


some pretty pictures...



[1900hrs] Took the MRT to Yishun to meet our cousins on my Dad's side, Malcolm and Lisa, for dinner. We walked to the nearby mall to have Thai food.

Sakura Cuisine



pineapple rice


fried rice


Thai green chicken curry


steamed whole fish


tofu & vegetable stirfry


tom yum soup

Christina's fresh coconut juice


The food was fantastic!!!

After dinner, we went to Malcolm and his fiancee's (Li Ming) new apartment. Malcolm is an avid fan of keeping fish but we tried to keep our 'fish talk' to a minimum so as not to bore everyone else.

Malcolm's fish tank filter

a photo of everyone with Malcolm's fish tank
- we've blocked the fish tank from view!


Unfortunately...I started to feel sick (no one else was) so I think perhaps the tom yum soup didn't agree with me. The trip home on the MRT made things worse and I now have my 'most embarrassing moment' story to share. At least one that I can remember.

I was halfway down the stairs, Christina infront of me, Jocelyn behind. I couldn't keep it down...I put my hand to my mouth and felt it fill with vomit. I felt the vomit ooze out between my fingers and before I knew it, I hurled up down the stairs, Christina not entirely missing the crossfire. (I'm gagging as I relive this so I hope you appreciate me suffering through this again for your entertainment). I rushed down the stairs as fast as I could, grabbing the bag Christina was thrusting at me. I managed to get through the exit, my MRT swipecard was in my hand - I don't think I could have rummaged through my bag for it. I made it out of the MRT station and onto the footpath before I threw up again, Christina and Jocelyn behind me - laughing and taking photos - WAH!

No comments: