Monday 19th Jan '09

Lunch
Ham, Chilli & Coriander Roll
Pimms Cocktail


I love those char siew rolls that you can buy from the Asian supermarkets in the city. They have slices of char siew, grated carrot, mayo, cucumber slices, fresh cut chilli and coriander, all in a crusty white roll. I remember making trips to the city during uni days and buying these rolls. Even though I love them to bits, I have only eaten them perhaps five or six times ever. I'm just too lazy to drive all the way to the city just for a roll. Plus, you have to go early during the day or there are none left. Yum!

My lunch was inspired by this.

Sliced ham from the deli at Coles, sliced continental cucumber, mayonnaise, fresh cut chillies (these are really hot birds eye ones), and lots of fresh coriander.

The Verdict: it's a WINNER!


I also had a Pimms cocktail to go with my lunch, in keeping with the light and refreshing theme. Pimms, ginger ale, slices of fresh cucumber, and a generous handful of fresh mint.

I took Simba for a walk this evening. He absolutely LOVED it! He's been missing his walks over the past few months because

1. I've been on holidays for a month; and
2. It's been too hot to take him for a walk and by the time it cools down, it's too dark.


I love how he stretches out on the tiles in the kitchen to cool down after a walk. If he's really hot and exhausted, he'll lie with his water bowl between his front paws so he can just stick his head in to lap up the water without moving. Clever dog!



Tonight, I'm spoiling myself since I've had a tough week at work. Nah, I just like to spoil myself. But I really did have a tough week at work too. You guys know I don't need a reason to have lobster. I just eat it when I feel like it hee hee!

Dinner
whole cooked Lobster with Homemade Potato Chips
and a salad of
Baby Spinach, Red Onion, Tomato, Avocado & Creamy Saffron Dressing

No comments: