Sunday 18th Jan '09

Lunch
Stuffed Baby Capsicums
Egg Omelette


I had the remaining two baby capsicums that I had stuffed a few days ago. Christina's been making friands at home, which require about six egg whites per batch so she's been putting the egg yolks in the fridge and letting them go to waste. *Aargh*

So, I decided to use some of them to make an omelette. Now of course I couldn't just use the egg yolks because it would be too thick. To 'thin' out my omelette mixture, I added some milk and water. I fried some bacon, onion and chilli flakes in some olive oil in a pan. Once these were softened, I added the omelette mixture. The mixture was not light enough to be cooked like an omelette, so I had to start scooping in the edges and cook it as if it were scrambled eggs to stop the edges from burning.

I think it turned out more like quiche filling, which isn't surprising given what I had to work with.

Afternoon Snack
Spaghetti & Meatballs with Parmesan
Lamb


Marissa brought me some leftovers from her family dinner yesterday. Oh my god was it delicious! I love when the grated parmesan (or pecorino) has melted over the pasta.

Pinchy! My, how you have grown!


Dinner
Bee Hoon Soup

No comments: