Saturday 17th Jan '09

Today at work, Andrea and I decided on a little impromptu BBQ in the tea room, using a little electric grill press she'd brought from home. She brought sausages and marinated chicken kebabs, while I brought the salad I'd prepared last night, and some prawns.

chuck the snags and shrimp on the barbie, luv!


I was starving! The prawns took a few minutes to cook, so I gobbled them up with the salad while we waited for the sausages to cook. The prawns were some Australian banana prawns that I'd bought yesterday and peeled at home. I threw them into a zip lock bag and poured in some olive oil, dried chilli flakes, shredded ginger and chopped up coriander. I massaged these ingredients into the prawns and then left the flavours to infuse overnight. They turned out lovely!

We had the sausages with hot dog buns. Instead of my usual tomato sauce and mustard, I used some chilli sauce Andrea had brought.

hotdogs with Sambal Asli


I had a chicken kebab - Andrea bought these already marinated from the shops. I also had a second sausage, which I dipped with another sauce Andrea had brought. My, she sure does come prepared!

Byron Bay Chilli Co. 'Fiery Coconut Chilli Sauce' with curry & ginger


Feeling really full and satisfied, we went back to work, feeling like naughty kids who'd just had a secret BBQ in the tearoom without the adults knowing.


GLAM NIGHT at BURSWOOD

Tonight Shallen organised a 'GLAM' night out for us. We went to Marie's for some predinner drinks, except there was nothing to drink - Marie thought we were bringing the drinks, while we thought she had drinks at her place. Luckily she found a bottle of wine in the pantry so we threw in a few ice cubes. Problem solvered.

our arty glam photo


We met up with everyone else at the restaurant - wow, it's so nice to see everyone dressed up for a change. The guys made such a wonderful effort - no thongs and T-shirts tonight!

We had dinner at...

SIROCCO

After a huge kerfuffle about the seating arrangements, we finally got settled and set to the task of deciding what to order.

Entrees


Warmed Turkish bread with cranberry & rosemary butter, mascarpone & chives, rocket pesto - $8


Seared scallops, cucumber & carrot ribbons, rocket, sumac yoghurt - $19



Mains

Chargrilled beef fillet, mashed potato, garlic mushroom, seeded mustard jus - $32


Open lasagne of roasted eggplant, zucchini, capsicum, mushroom, goats cheese - $24


Crab capellini pasta, garlic, chilli, tomato, parsley, roasted herb crumbs, Jingilli olive oil - $24


Catch of the Day - I forget what fish it was - $32



The food was quite good tonight, one with exception. No one except Kong got their steak cooked as they asked but they were too hungry to complain. Being Shallen's birthday, we also got a birthday cake and a glass of champagne each - complimentary for Club Burswood Members.



Time to party!


We went to the Ruby Room for drinks and then hit the dance floor.


We may be over the clubbing scene, but we sure do love to get out and dance once in a while. Pity the music wasn't that great, but they did throw in the occasional favourite of mine. I think they lost most of the crowd when the DJ (who funnily enough also DJ's for the 'ruby rendevous' nights for RSVP on Wednesday nights) played 'Everybody - Backstreet's Back' by the Backstreet Boys. I felt like I was back in high school!

When we were all danced out and our shoes began to hurt, we decided to go to Fast Eddys on Albany Highway. I wish I wasn't working tomorrow...I am going to be sooo tired!

No comments: