Monday 23rd Feb '09

I was supposed to stay home from work today and go see the doctor, but I think I passed my bug onto another girl at work and so reluctantly, I agreed to work her night shift tonight. At least I could see the GP After Hours doctor and get the consult bulk billed.

My throat feels like I've swallowed a handful of pins and I've lost my voice, so there was only one thing to do.

Make soup.


Potato, Bacon & Leek Soup
garlic, onion, potato, bacon, leek, celery,
fresh rosemary, sea salt, cracked black pepper


Mushroom Soup
garlic, onion, celery, leek, mushroom,
paprika, chicken stock, buttermilk


Chicken, Vegetable & Pasta Soup
chicken thigh, garlic, onion, celery, carrot, leek,
fresh rosemary & thyme, Vegeta, chilli flakes,
shell pasta, risoni


That's right, I made three soups. The mushroom soup didn't turn out too well because I added a bit too much buttermilk so it developed a bit of a sour/nutty taste when i reheated the soup later to eat. Usually I use cream or milk, but I was trying to use up the buttermilk!

It was very quiet at work tonight. I couldn't talk - I had to whisper and even then my throat felt like it was on fire. Before leaving for work, I left some pork mince in the fridge and a note for my mum to make me some wantans so I could have them when I got home.

Supper
Wantan Soup

No comments: