Sunday 22nd Feb '09

I stayed over at Marissa's last night since we have plans to have lunch at a work colleague's place out in the hills. Teresa made a fruit salad to bring.

Rosewater, Cinnamon & Cardomom Fruit Salad


Marissa made me a short black


The drive to Sue's house took us about an hour. Had we known there was a shorter route, we probably would have only taken about half an hour! Sue's house is absolutely beautiful - set amongst the bush up in the hills. It looks like it's straight out of one of those style magazines for homes.

Lunch looked fabulous! Sue certainly laid out a huge spread for us.

Roasted Herb & Garlic Chicken


Burgol


Fresh Garden Salad


Teresa's Pepperonata


Sour Dough & Turkish Bread



The French doors open out to create such an open atmosphere to the house. It was the perfect Sunday lunch - the weather was warm but I love being out in the hills - love the outdoors. When we could eat no more, we sat outside under the patio and watched Sue's kids in the pool. I never noticed at the time, but there was actually not a fly in sight!

The bush provided a beautiful setting for me to have a play with my camera and take lots of photos of Sue's son running back and forth in his magician's costume. I tried to be discrete because I love natural, spontaneous photos rather than ones where people are posing. As soon as Wes saw me with the camera, he'd always smile and strike a pose. He's so photogenic. The photo below has got to be my favourite.

Wes with his box of magic tricks


Dessert was absolutely wonderful.

Baked Plums with crushed Ginger Nuts & Currants
Vanilla Ice Cream
Teresa's Fruit Salad


The drive home via Tonkin Highway was much shorter than the drive there. The heat of the afternoon was almost unbearable in the car though. Still, had a really good day. This weekend has been great - lots of eating!

No comments: