Tuesday 10th March '09

I went grocery shopping today and as usual, I strolled down the pet foods aisle and spotted a cute toy for Simba. One of his first toys was a green frog. He learnt to fetch with this toy and eventually we got him to learn to look for this toy when we called out "Froggie! Where's Froggie?"

Mum bought him another green frog with a tennis ball for its body. So now I suppose we'll keep buying him green frog toys. I can't find his soccer ball that squeaks, so it was even more of a reason for me to buy this toy because it squeaks!

"Where's your Froggie?"


Dinner
Roast Lamb with Garlic & Rosemary
Roasted Vegetables


I drizzled some olive oil over some chopped up potatoes, carrots, onion and whole garlic cloves and put them into the oven to get a head start on the lamb. For the lamb, I cut some slits in the top side and then stuffed pieces of garlic and fresh rosemary in. I also drizzled some olive oil over the lamb and put it in another baking dish and popped it into the oven. The lamb and vegetables should be done at the same time.

When the lamb was ready, I took it out of the baking dish and let it rest. With the juices left in the baking dish, I poured them into a little saucepan and added some water and plain flour and continuously stirred it over a low heat until it became nice and smooth. Home made gravy!

Mmm...delicious


When I went to water Ling and Shallen's plants today, I took some of their Thai basil home with me, despite my own growing wild. I made some Thai Basil Chicken.

Supper
Squid Ink Spaghetti with Seafood


I was at Cannington Fresh searching for tortellini, but instead came across this squid ink pasta and just had to try it. I have to say, I was really pleased with this pasta dish. Nice, fresh and light.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you get a puppie..? how adorable. :)

It's 10am now, but I think I'll have lunch - thanks to you..