Friday 1st May '09

DAY FOURTEEN – AT SEA


Breakfast - Buffet at Horizon Court
wantan soup, bacon, egg, mushroom, caponata


I was a bit weary that the wantans would taste crap in comparison to the ones that we make at home, but they actually weren’t bad. They weren’t as good, but were a nice reminder of homecooking.

We’re going to be sailing across the equator in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow (about 0200hrs) and there was a ceremony on the pool deck to mark the occasion today. Last night the ship’s entertainment crew had sought the participation of several passengers but did not let on what was going to happen to them.

The pool levels were packed out and I found Noel and Fleurette at the bar – great position until everyone started standing around the pool and blocking our view. I managed to sit on the bar and held my camera high above my head to get photos.

The ceremony started out with crew dressed as King Neptune, Queen Nephritite and their entourage making their way to the centre stage. They were holding a session of court in which they called the volunteer passengers up one by one and read out the crime(s) they were accused of. Of course they were all guilty and their punishment was having food thrown on them. Yuck!

Ronda was a bad bad girl


Lunch - Buffet at Horizon Court
creamy broccoli soup, roast beef, green beans & gravy


There was a lunar fish that the crew had purchased on Bora Bora for USD$600!! It was frozen and presented upon a block of ice so that each ‘accused’ passenger was forced to kiss it. I went to take a photo of it afterwards – I thought it was an ice sculpture and was amazed to see it was a real fish! Tonight’s ‘Thai Cuisine Night’ in the dining room for dinner....I wonder if Thai fish curry is on the menu...



I spent the rest of the afternoon by the pool with Barbara.


I didn’t really feel like Thai for dinner tonight, so I went to the buffet. They had large juicy prawns!

Dinner - Buffet at Horizon Court
seafood & vegetable soup, roast duck, panfried prawns,
baked fish, vermicelli salad, salad


The prawns gave me a puffy lip! I had to run back to my cabin afterwards to take an antihistamine.

Later that night, my posse and I caught up in the Wheelhouse where we drank everything from martinis to jagerbombs. Reinvigorated with the Red Bull, we wandered around the ship to get up to mischief. Everyong had gone to bed, so we clambered onto the piano in the atrium and took some photos...

Andy


Brad #2


me!


Aah...what a night!

No comments: