Saturday 13th June '09

STEAMBOAT at LING & SHALLEN'S


Although this winter weather means freezing cold nights and great difficulty getting out of a cosy bed in the mornings, it does make for perfect weather to have one of my favourite things - STEAMBOAT!

I bought some mackerel paste and blended some chicken mince.


I prepared some chillies by making a slit down one side and removing the seeds. I then used a butter knife to 'stuff' them with the mackerel/chicken paste. I also stuffed some tofu and capsicum.


I defrosted some prawns and then headed over to Ling and Shallen's place in comfy clothes. In other words, I had my pants with the drawstring waist on.

We each brought some dishes and as usual, ended up with a huge fantastic spread on the table.

prawns
wantan dumplings
seafood dumplings
sliced beef
quail eggs
wombok
enoki
egg tofu
baby corn spears
yong tau foo


Ling & Shallen's red hot chillies from the garden


here we go!


Round One


A few of the chillies I had stuffed were apparently deadly hot. Ling and Meng got one and it was hysterical watching the delayed reaction to the heat.

feelin' hot hot hot


Once the hotness from the chillies wore off, I started to feel the cold so I started drinking Jagermeister straight to try to warm myself up while we played Balderdash.

No comments: