Sunday 28th June '09

Breakfast
Toasted Lettuce & Cheese Sandwiches


Yep that right, this actually was breakfast, eaten during proper breakfast hours of the day. I had these yesterday morning as well. For these toasties, you need the older style sandwich toasters that seal the edges of the sandwich so the heat melts the cheese and the lettuce goes soggy and nothing spills out the sides. It's delicious!!

Lunch at Work
Mum's Pork Rib soup with Carrots, Potato & Cabbage



Afternoon Snack at Work
Chicken & Marjoram Pie

I made these a few nights ago. My marjoram in the garden is growing like crazy and I've been meaning to use some to make pies for a while now. I made the filling mixture with garlic, onion, lots of marjoram, leek and diced chicken.

I lined some ramikins with shortcrust pastry.


Next, I spooned the filling into each one and added some grated cheese.


I used the remaining shortcrust pastry to cover the ramikins, but didn't have quite enough so had to improvise. I brushed some egg yolk over the pastry and then into the oven for about twenty minutes until the pastry cooked and was golden brown.

No comments: