Monday 29th June '09

Dinner
Spaghetti Vongole with Leeks


  1. Sautee sliced onion and crushed garlic in some olive oil in a pan.
  2. Add some sliced leek and diced tomato and sautee for a few minutes.

  3. Add a splash of white wine to deglaze the pan.
  4. Add the clams and cover on low heat for a few minutes until the clams start to open.
  5. Add some spaghetti that has been cooked al dente and toss through the sauce.
  6. Serve with fresh basil and chilli.


Simba watching me in the kitchen as I cooked.


Dessert
Natural Yoghurt with Blueberries & Grapefruit


I really felt like something sweet but I had to look really hard to find some ingredients. I found some natural yoghurt in the fridge, some frozen blueberries and a can of grapefruit segments. A rather unusual combination, I know, but it sort of satisfied my craving.

No comments: