Thursday 18th June '09

Lunch at Work
Chicken Mignon with Mashed Potato


I love the way the butter melts and drizzles into the chicken. The bacon also infuses flavour into the chicken. It's just such a delicious little meal.

I needn't have worried that I didn't have anything to eat for lunch at work today. Andrea had made me something!

Andrea's Seafood Paella


It was absolutely delicious! I ate half of it after my mignon but had to put the rest into the fridge for later. Elmo made yet another appearance on the container she had my paella in.



Dinner
Squid Ink pasta with Barramundi & Baby Squid


Since I've been on the day shifts, it's given me time to get groceries on the way home from work, take Simba for a walk, then come home and make dinner and sit down infront of the TV in time to watch Masterchef with Mum. I usually start making dinner at about 6pm so I find it amusing to think that I'm under pressure just like the contestants to get dinner ready in an hour before the show starts. Under pressure!

I need to do a stocktake of my food in the pantry. I have so many different types of pastas and there are a million cans of food. I may have to set aside some time soon to go through and tidy up. Maybe get some sort of order going.

No comments: