Friday 19th June '09

PURPLE BRA DAY 2009

Today is the official 'Purple Bra Day' fundraiser for the Breast Cancer Foundation of WA for 2009. I'd registered online and had some bras sent to me. Unfortunately, when they arrived in the mail I discovered they were huge! Ah well...it'll make for an amusing day.

me, Andrea & Natalie


"Well, hello there!"


I'm still waiting for a few more last minute donations to be finalised, but so far I have raised $388.85. This wouldn't have been possible without the help of some friends at work and all those generous people who donated. I shall post the final tally when it's all finalised.

After work I went to the city to meet up with some friends for a drink and dinner.


43 BELOW

This is my first time here and it was a rather nice venue. Warm and cosy. While waiting for the others to join us, we ordered some tapas.

meatballs


honey King prawns


crumbed jalopenos stuffed with cheese


oooh these were yummy!


I loved the tapas! The standout winners would have to be the King prawns though. Deliciously light batter oozing with the flavour of honey. These morsels made me hungry for the main courses on offer! However, we decided to go elsewhere for dinner because the Friday night crowd was starting to pack out the place and it was getting too noisy for us to hear each other.


JAWS

We waited for about five minutes before they were able to find four seats next to each other for us. We quickly got stuck into selecting plates off the conveyor belt.

zuke maguro nigiri
tuna marinated with special soy sauce - lightly seared


jellyfish ghunkan
jellyfish, sesame & chilli


takoyaki
fried octopus dumplings


unagi nigiri
BBQ eel


vegetarian spring roll
various vegetables & sushi rice wrapped in rice paper


ika & sansai ghunkan
sliced squid & mountain vegetables


saba nigiri
pickled mackerel


beef tataki
marinated thinly sliced beef on sliced onion


jellyfish ghunkan
I had this serve made to order - look at all the filling!!


miso soup



GELARES

I struggled to keep myself awake after dinner. We went for ice cream and it was one of the rare times that I actually wanted something sweet! What's even stranger is that I was freezing cold yet craved the taste of the Mocha Chip ice cream.

me & Ivy


I'd gotten a triple strength macchiato with soy milk from one of the arcades and after drinking it, I felt more sleepy than before I had it. I went with Benoit and Ivy to his parent's place and I watched the Bee Gees live in concert on a DVD with his parents. While I sipped a cup of tea. What a great way to spend a Friday night. No, seriously. I had an awesome time humming along to the Bee Gees with his parents.

Benoit's new saltwater tank

No comments: