Saturday 20th June '09

When I woke up this morning, I was feeling like shite and hit the snooze on my alarm. Only to be woken up ten minutes before I was supposed to be at work by Dad. Argh! I dragged myself out of bed and managed to get to work. I thought I'd at least get the morning start up done and then go home. This didn't happen though because I was so doped up on cold and flu tablets, I didn't think I would make the drive home since I'm prone to feeling drowsy after taking them.

For lunch, Andrea had suggested we do a BBQ cook up so luckily I had grabbed some frozen prawns and chicken kebabs from the freezer on the way out the door. Andrea was the good little slave and cooked all the food and served it to me.

Andrea's vegetable kebabs
my chicken kebabs marinated in five spice


Andrea's marinated prawns


Andrea bought these satay beef kebabs


Andrea throwing our shrimp on the barbie


I can't really remember but I think Andrea marinated her prawns with some chilli, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice. I'm pretty sure mine were marinated with ginger, coriander, lemon juice and olive oil. They made for two different tastes - but both were plump, juicy prawns!

I wish my throat didn't burn so much each time I swallowed and that my nose wasn't so congested. I would have been able to enjoy this lunch much more. I could have tasted the flavours much better. While at lunch, the doctor had time to see me. She reassured me that I couldn't possibly have the swine flu (however it's possible that I could because I've been exposed to several patients who have been suspected of having swine flu or who have family members who have tested positive) but recommended that I take several days off work to shake this flu that I definitely do have.

When I got home from work, I had a cup of tea and was trying to decide whether to stay home in bed or keep my dinner plans. I decided to throw on a scarf and went out. It's only Victoria Park and I'll promise to come straight home after dinner.


TEN TEN

I met Ramona, Marissa, Teresa and Bronwyn for dinner tonight. We were all rugged up and it was pleasantly warm inside the restaurant.

kang kong with sambal


sizzling beef with garlic


half a steamed Hainan chicken


deepfried duck with plum sauce


The duck was absolutely beautiful! I finished off the last piece!

Marissa and Ramona had deepfried ice cream


we loved this cute Buddha statue at the counter


Marissa offered to make us her 'Marissa's Mess' dessert back at her place but I kept my promise and went home. I was so tempted to make a left turn and go, but I thought for once I should listen to my sore throat and sniffly nose and go home to get some rest.

No comments: