Sunday 21st June '09

I really didn't want to go to work this morning but it was too late notice to get someone else to do my shift. I doped myself up on cold and flu tablets and somehow managed to get through the day.

At home, Mum had made some soup so I had some of that.

Mum's chicken, shitake & abalone soup


Alas! Mum didn't have enough time to cook the abalone so instead of being tender and juicy, it was rather hard and tasted like dried up bread. The rest of the soup was fantastic though. She's going to give them some extra cooking time tomorrow to get them to how they should be.

When I'm sick, there's nothing I love more than a big bowl of comfort food. This is usually rice porridge or some hot noodle soup. Guess which I had tonight?

Dinner
Bee Hoon soup with Beef Balls & Stuffed Chillies


Sometimes I like to add some cloves into the soup base


Later that night, Jocelyn and I both found ourselves in the kitchen debating on a snack. We felt like toasted sandwiches but all the bread was in the freezer so I used some pita bread and toasted some tuna, sliced onion and lots of cheese.

Late Night Snack
Wholemeal Pita with Tuna, Onion & Cheese


Finally...I get a few days to try to shake this cold.

No comments: