Wednesday 24th June '09

Last week I snapped up a spare ticket from Andrea for the Ross Noble show tonight. I rugged up nice and warm and drove out in the miserably wet weather to meet for dinner. We planned to catch the bus from Wellington Street to get to the show venue so dinner in the city made sense.

43 BELOW
43 Barrack Street, Perth CBD


Tapas

Arancini Balls


Poppers - crumbed Jalopenos stuffed with 3 Cheeses


Dip Plate - Toasted Turkish Bread
with balsamic vinegar & olive oil,
Kalamata olives & dip


I'm not quite sure what the dip was - some sort of capsicum relish? I actually don't think I tried any. We were told that the kitchen ran out of the marinated octopus that came with this dish, so in its place they gave us some marinated soft shell crab. Actually, they gave us one soft shell crab that was cut into two pieces.


The arancini balls were delicious and morish. I just had to ask that we order a serve of the 'Poppers' again because I absolutely loved them last time. They did not disappoint! I seemed to be the only one that didn't find them the least bit fiery - just sweet with a tinge of heat just as a jalopenos should be.


Mains

Andrea: Thai Green Chicken Curry


Cameron & Myself: Scotch Fillet with a Vegetable Pave
with Prawns & Scallops


The mains were, honestly, rather dismal. Andrea's curry looked like something you'd get served to you in a food court. There was a generous portion of chicken but that was pretty much it...lots of chunky pieces of chicken with rice that appeared rather dry.

The steak Cameron and I had was ok but nothing special. The prawns weren't deveined and tasted rather mushy. I was interested to see what Definitely was not worth the $29.50 we paid for it.

I think we'll stick to the tapas next time.



After dinner, we caught a taxi to Challenge Stadium. The show was fantastic! There was a round raised platform in the centre of the stadium and we sat all around it. Ross Noble performed on the stage, sharing with us his high energy antics and oh so so funny humour. There were also four large screens above him so we could watch his closeups. We were skeptical about such a large venue but it definitely was much better than His Majesty's Theatre where I last saw him performs a few years ago.


Back at home, I had a bowl of soup, took my cold & flu tablets and crawled into bed.

No comments: