Tuesday 23rd June '09

I slept in until the afternoon.

"Breakfast"
Mum's Fried Rice with Lap Cheong


Lap cheong is a Chinese sausage that you can buy prepackaged in vacuum-sealed bags from any Asian grocery store and I believe even the supermarkets such as Coles and Woolworths carry them too. As a kid, Mum used to make rice in the rice cooker and when the rice was cooked, she'd put the lap cheong into the cooker so that they'd heat up with the steam from the hot rice. The sausages are made of pork and are rather fatty. I remember the oil/fat oozing out of the slices. Yum! Mum usually uses bacon in her fried rice but she must have been clearing out the pantry and found some.

I made my provolone potato gratin


Dinner
Rosemary & Thyme Lamb Chops
Provolone Potato Gratin


Mum also made a big pot of soup. She made the soup base with some pork ribs and then added lots of cabbage, carrot, potato and tomato. The pork ribs make such a deliciously sweet soup! I polished off most of the soup and Jocelyn managed to get a few bowls herself before it was all gone.


This cold is being persistent...I'm so thankful the doctor gave me a medical certificate to cover the next few days. All I can manage to do is sleep all day, get up and make dinner and then go back to bed.

No comments: