Sunday 26th July '09

Today I slept in and then made my way to Benoit and Ivy's place. It was a nice sunny 40km drive.

I had some of Benoit's Dad's wan tan soup


Parsley is growing amok in their garden!




We went to the Wanneroo Markets and bought some fruits and vegetables. We're having a BBQ for dinner tonight. We also picked up some meat from IGA and I had brought some prawns that I bought yesterday.

I peeled the prawns and we marinated them in olive oil, chilli, garlic and parsley.
I skewered them - 3 each.


Ben prepared the vegetables that we would grill.


The beef blade steak got marinated with olive oil, rosemary and thyme.


With the boys preoccupied, I set about on the BBQ doing the cooking. I don't mind being the one that cooks the BBQ. All I need is a few good mates standing by to chat to and a cold beer. Inside, they were bustling about to get the table set and drinks made. The boys were making fresh fruit smoothies. Soon, we all sat down to dinner.

I had my drinks:
mango smoothie
strawberry & watermelon smoothie
a nice cold beer


grilled eggplant, zucchini & mushrooms


steaks & prawn skewers


Ivy made potato cakes that we cooked on the BBQ


Benoit's Dad made egg noodles which I ate with lots of chilli and prawns.


After dinner, we all crowded around Benoit's fish tank when he spotted the bristleworm that's eluded him until tonight. His brother and parents spotted it not long ago but this is the first time he's seen it himself. He made a trap using a plastic water bottle and some bait to try to catch it. We were all squealing in disgust and awe as we watched it snake around the bottom of the tank. It soon crept quickly back under the rocks to hide.

No comments: