Monday 27th July '09

I woke up with a headache this morning and had to stay home. By about noon I managed to crawl out of bed and put together a sandwich.

Char Siew, Mayo, Chilli & Coriander Sandwich


The chillies were sooooo hot that after my first bite, I sat panting for about ten minutes. I had to actually pick out the rest of the chillies before I could attempt to finish the sandwich.

I spent a few hours sitting infront of my aquariums just gazing at the fish to try to distract myself from the pulsing pain in my head. I learnt on the weekend that the phosphate level in my main tank is ridiculously high, which is probably what's been killing my fish. I managed to catch my pair of corydoras and transferred them into the smaller tank. After a bit of swimming around in their new environment, I was able to take this photo of them resting together.



Later in the evening, I was feeling better and remembered that I had some fish paste and chicken mince in the fridge awaiting my attention. I slit some chillies, removed the seeds and stuffed them with a mixture of fish, chicken and pork (I found some pork mince in the fridge too). These should last me a while.

Dinner
Wantan Soup with Prawns

No comments: