Tuesday 28th July '09

Today I did the most stupidest thing! I forgot that I had agreed to a shift swap so instead of starting at 8am, I was to start at 4pm. But no, I rocked up at work at 8am and then had to drive back home. I guess being unwell yesterday just threw me off because I knew leading up to this week that I had this shift swap. Ah well, I got home and Simba was so happy and surprised to see me. I changed back into my PJ's and we both got into bed.

Lunch
Char Siew, Chilli & Coriander Roll with Mayo


Dinner at Work
Mum's Paprika in Soy Sauce with Rice & Chilli


This is one of my favourite dishes that Mum makes. If I see paprika on special at the supermarket, I usually buy some and ask her to make it for me. It's so simple - just stirfry them in a bit of soy sauce and sometimes garlic. The paprika has a much sweeter taste than that of capsicum. I love it!

Late Night Snack at Work
Nong Shim Hot & Spicy Instant Ramen Noodles


I saw this type of instant ramen and bought one to try. Yes, I have been getting into the instant noodles lately, haven't I? I'm steering clear of the cheap and crappy brands that you get in the supermarkets, such as Maggi. I'll only buy the Asian brands to try. Afterall, if anyone knows instant noodles, it's the Asians!

I loved the little bits of shitake mushroom that were rehydrated. There were also spring onions and bits of carrot. The noodles were nice too. Really good. I really need to stop drinking all the soup that remains though. All those preservatives can't be good! My mouth waters at the thought of that deliciously salty, hot and spicy soup.

the Verdict: Yum!



Supper
Wantan Soup


Mum had prepared the wantans for me so when I got home from work, all I had to do was make the soup and add whatever ingredients I felt like. I made the soup by boiling some water and adding some chicken stock and soy sauce. I then added some wombok, stuffed chillies and the wantans when the soup boiled. Serve with some ground white pepper and fresh spring onions - hearty winter food.

No comments: