Friday 28th August '09

Lunch at Work
Instant Spicy Mushroom Ramen Noodles

1. Peel back the lid halfway.


2. Add boiling water up to marked line, put lid back down and let it stand for several minutes.


3. Enjoy!


After work I headed over to Marissa's for dinner with her and Teresa. We're having our second long-awaited tagine dinner!

Now, I had meant to ask Marissa and Teresa to write down their dishes for me because I knew I would forget - and guess what!? I have! So I'll try to describe them as well as I can.

Marissa's Beef & Prunes Tagine


Marissa's Spinach Cous Cous


Teresa's Spicy Coconut Chicken


Teresa's Salad with Pomegranate Dressing




We started with the Penfolds Thomas Hyland 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon, and then after dinner Marissa broke open the bottle of French port that I bought for Teresa for her birthday earlier this year.


We've been wanting to get together for a 'Colin Firth movie night' for yonks now! And finally we set the date for tonight, and then lo and behold I saw an ad on TV for a Friday night movie starring the one and only... Colin Firth! It was meant to be, I tells ya!

All our nibblies:
triple butter microwave popcorn
fresh strawberries
brie
Mr Pelle's homemade spicy chorizo
fresh Turkish bread
Havarti cheese
Kalamatta olives
Lavosh crackers


Love my popcorn!


I really really love Mr Pelle's homemade spicy chorizo! I am yet to be lucky enough to not be working so that I may go watch him prepare it one year.

No comments: