Sunday 30th August '09

Lunch
Spaghetti with Scallops, Zucchini & Mushrooms in a Rich Tomato Sauce


Out of Christina, Jocelyn and I, I'm the most adventurous and non-fussy when it comes to food. Not to say I don't have standards, but I will eat almost anything, which makes me the easiest to cook for. I think I also take after Mum when I go to the fridge to devour whatever leftovers I can find so as not to waste food. I finish every grain of rice in my bowl and get frustrated when my sisters put their bowls in the sink with enough rice to be heaped onto a spoon. It may be the perfectionist in me.

Since my sisters are fussier eaters than me, Mum always has to take their tastes into consideration so there are dishes that she doesn't make as often or she doesn't make them as spicy as I would like them to be. With Christina overseas now, and Jocelyn rarely at home, it's a great time for me to get Mum to cook me some of the foods that I enjoy and miss eating.

I've always loved the liver soup that Mum makes. Yes, some of you probably shuddered at the thought of liver, but I love it. If it's cooked right. I had my fair share of duck liver (foie gras) while in Singapore last year, and I love pate. The only other way I usually eat it is in the soup that Mum makes. I haven't had it in a while and so I asked that she perhaps make it sometime soon if she can get her hands on some liver.

She asked the butcher to get a liver for her. She usually uses cow's liver but the butcher got a pig's liver for her. She was really happy with it and when I had a look at it, I could see why. It did look rather healthy and I was looking forward to the soup!

I think the main ingredients are sliced fresh ginger, ginger wine, the pig's liver sliced up, an egg, fresh coriander and spring onions.



Dinner
Toasted Chicken, Avocado & Cheese Sandwiches


Yes, I had sandwiches for dinner tonight! I just couldn't be bothered with anything more. I actually would have loved a bowl of creamy chicken soup to go with the sandwiches but I didn't have any canned versions in the pantry and I was too lazy to make soup.

Hey, I'm allowed to have lazy days!

No comments: