Monday 31st August '09

Morning Tea at Work
Homemade Port Wine Jelly Cups with Fruit



I bought a bundle of fresh asparagus from the Subiaco Markets yesterday and felt like chicken for dinner. I stopped at Woolworths on the way home and picked up some sliced prosciutto and a chicken thigh fillet.

I rolled the chicken thigh up with a slice of prosciutto,
some fresh basil leaves and sliced provolone.


I tied it with some kitchen string to hold it together.



I sprayed a bit of olive oil over it and baked it in the oven at 180C for about forty minutes. Just before the chicken was ready, I blanched some aparagus in boiling water, then wrapped them in slices of prosciutto and popped them into the oven to crispen up with a spray of olive oil. I also made some garlic mashed potato.

Dinner
Chicken Involtini with Asparagus Spears
and Creamy Garlic Potato Mash


Yum!


I had some leftover lamb mince bolognaise sauce in the freezer so I defrosted that to make some lasagne. I didn't want to make much, so I found two small dishes and made little 'pots' of lasagne.

I boiled some mini farfalle and placed a layer of these in the bowls.


I reheated the bolognaise sauce in the microwave and
spooned a layer over the pasta bow ties.


I made some bechamel sauce and spooned a layer over the bolognaise sauce.


I repeated the layers and finished with the rest of the bechamel sauce over the top.


Into the oven to bake for about thirty minutes at 180C, along with the potato and sweet potato bake I prepared earlier. Yes, I did alot of cooking tonight. It's to try to cut down on the time I spend in the kitchen over the next few days so I can try to get to bed earlier.

My Potato & Sweet Potato Bake
and Lasagane Pots


I started getting the sniffles at work, and by bed time my head felt so congested I could barely breathe through my mouth. I popped some cold and flu tablets and got into bed for a night of restlessness.

No comments: