Wednesday 14th October '09

Penne Matriciana

Ingredients:

  • 1 tspn chilli flakes
  • 1/2 small brown onion, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 2 rashers bacon, sliced
  • 2 roma tomatoes, diced
  • 1 cup passata (tomato puree)
  • 3 cups penne - cooked al dente

    Method:
    1. In a cold pan, put the onion and bacon. Turn on the heat and cook for a few minutes until onion begins to soften.
    2. Add the garlic and chilli flakes. Cook for a few minutes, adding a splash of water if necessary.
    3. Add the diced tomatoes and passata (and water if necessary) and cook for a few minutes.
    4. Add al dente penne pasta, toss through to coat in the sauce and serve.


    Delicious!



    After work, I wearily and hungrily looked for leftovers in the fridge. I found some and heated it up - a huge bowl of one of my favourites!

    Supper
    Mum's Shark Fin Soup


    I've been getting stuck back into reading lately and currently I'm working my way through an old classic - The Chronicles of Narnia. I've read 'The Lion, the Which & the Wardrobe' but not the other stories that C.S. Lewis wrote. The language takes me back to my childhood when I used to read like crazy. Beds of heather. Naughty children. Woodlands.
  • No comments: