Wednesday 7th October '09

Aargh

I got to bed early last night, but I was sooooo tired when I got paged to work early this morning. I made myself a coffee once I got to work, but it's the first time I've had fresh milk in my coffee for weeks now, so I felt rather queasy after downing half the coffee.

I think I'll stick to Coffeemate.

When I got home, I was famished. I made myself something quick to eat before crawling back into my pyjamas and into bed.

Instant Ramen with Seafood Dumplings & Kang Kong


I slept most the day away, not going into work for the two hours that I was required to do after the call-out.

Dinner
Scotch Steak with Creamy Green Peppercorn Sauce
Served with Salad & Parmesan Polenta Chips


The salad was just some fresh rocket I picked from the garden, sliced red onion and sundried tomatoes.


CREAMY GREEN PEPPERCORN SAUCE

Ingredients:

  • pan juices from steak
  • 1 Tbpn green peppercorns
  • 3 Tbpn white wine
  • 2 Tpbn cooking cream

    Method:
    1. In the pan juices remaining from cooking the steak, add the green peppercorns and fry for a few minutes.
    2. Add the white wine, simmer for a few minutes.
    3. Add the cream and simmer for a few minutes until thickened.
  • No comments: