Monday 23rd November '09

Lunch at Work
Mrs Macs Beef & Mushroom Pie


I went grocery shopping after work today. I needed to replenish the fridge and pantry for my upcoming stint of night shifts.

I bought a few chicken thigh fillets on the bone. With skin on. They're more than half the cost of deboned chicken thigh fillets without skin. One of my guilty pleasures is chicken with the skin on. Whether it's boiled, fried, BBQ's or roasted....I love chicken with skin and if anyone doesn't want their skin, I'm more than happy to take it off their plates.


ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH MUSTARD

Ingredients:

  • 2 chicken thigh fillets on the bone, skin on
  • 2 Tbn Masterfoods seeded mustard
  • kitchen string
  • 2 Tbn olive oil

    Method:
    1. Preheat oven to 180C.
    2. Prepare the thigh fillets by removing some of the fat and then make several slits on the top through the skin and into the meat below.
    3. Rub the chicken thigh fillets over the thigh fillets.
    4. Tie the thigh fillets up with the kitchen string.
    5. Drizzle the olive oil over the fillets.
    6. Roast in the oven for about forty minutes.


    I also parboiled some baby potatoes, tossed them in some butter and then threw them into the baking dish with the chicken. About five minutes before the chicken and potatoes were done, I threw in the asparagus.

    Dinner
    Roasted Chicken Thigh Fillets with Seeded Mustard
    served with Butter Roasted Potatoes & Asparagus


    See...anyone can prepare restaurant quality meals at home. What would you expect to pay at a restaurant for this meal? Probably between $25 to $30. How much did I cook it for?

    Less than $4.
  • No comments: