Monday 2nd November '09

Breakfast
Cheese & Lettuce Toastie


After work I began with the intention of making some mini quiches (as well as larger quiches for dinner) to take to work for our Melbourne Cup morning tea tomorrow. However, the thought of having to spend time blind baking all those little mini pastry cases was a turnoff so I decided to just use puff pastry to make little savoury pasties.

Some I filled with Cheese, Bacon & Onion,
others I filled with Spinach & Semi Sundried Tomatoes


I love eating puff pastry straight out of the oven. The pastry is so light and flaky!

I used some shortcrust pastry to make two small quiches.

Mushroom & Onion Quiche


Quiche Lorraine




I would love to take this moment to just say that I absolutely love eggs! They are such wonderful things. I love them cooked every way possible - scrambled, poached, fried, boiled, in omelettes, quiche, served cold as hors d'oeuvres, in curried egg sandwiches, used as a garnish on fried noodles, used to thicken up soups like creamy chicken & corn soup and shark fin soup - the uses are endless!

Dinner
Quiche Lorraine & Salad




Dessert
Vanilla Ice Cream with fresh Strawberries, Blueberries
& a large dollop of thick Cream

No comments: