Tuesday 3rd November '09


MELBOURNE CUP DAY

We entertained ourselves at work today by getting into the spirit of the Melbourne Cup. We bought bets on horses which we drew out randomly and I came first place with Shocking!

We also brought in something each for morning tea. It was a busy day so for most of us, it actually became our substitute lunch.



Natalia made the hedgehog slice...and it was frikkin' awesome!! I haven't had a hedgehog slice since uni. Hedgehog slices usually have the texture of a biscuit but Natalie's was gooey like fudge. Yum! We were all asking for the recipe afterwards.

At home, I had a quick snack while my dinner was cooking.

Mum's Pork Rib Soup


Dinner was roast lamb. I made slits in the lamb and poked slices of garlic and fresh sage leaves from the garden in. I roasted potatos, carrots, onions and garlic with the lamb.

Half way through cooking, I poured some Vegeta stock over the vegetables and the pan juices made such a delicious gravy afterwards! The lamb was extremly moist, tender and just mmmMMmm...

Dinner
Roast Lamb with Garlic & Sage
Roasted Vegetables and Gravy

No comments: