Monday 14th December '09

I didn't bring anything to work for lunch today, so it was as good a time as any to finally get around to trying Jester's new pie.

The Surf & Turf pie.


I was disillusioned in thinking that there would be a couple of large, plump, juicy prawns in the pie.

Wrong.

There were just six or seven little shrimp.


At first I wasn't sure if there was mashed potato, but after a few bites I was convinced it wasn't. It was some sort of garlic flavoured sauce. Except it was really thick - like garlic custard.


Overall verdict on the pie? Not bad, but I think the Spud Deluxe reigns superior on my list.

Dinner
Roast Chicken with Wild Onion Vinaigrette
Roasted Potatoes & Asparagus with Proscuitto


the vinaigrette I used is from Margaret River.


I also made a stew.

Beef with Parsnips & Carrots


Check out the marrow on this piece of beef osso bucco!!

No comments: