Monday 21st December '09

On the way home from work the other day, I picked up a kilo of large raw Exmouth prawns from the seafood van parked in the Matilda Bay car park. I peeled them and am now looking forward to feasting on them for the next few days!

I WANNA BE A PRAWN STAR!




CREAMY GARLIC & CHILLI PRAWNS

Ingredients:

  • 1 Tbn olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1/2 tspn dried chilli flakes
  • 2 Tbn white wine
  • 3 Tbn cream
  • 5-6 large prawns, peeled and deveined

    Method:
    1. In a small heavy based pan or pot (with a lid), heat the olive oil.
    2. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for a minute or so but don't brown the garlic.
    3. Add the wine and cream.
    4. Add the prawns and cook for a few minutes.
    5. Cover with the lid and cook on low for a few minutes until prawns are cooked.


    I served the prawns on a bed of baby cos lettuce.

    One word - YUM.



    Dinner
    Basa fillet with Sambal & Coriander
    served with
    Creamy Saffron & Chilli Prawns
    & Roasted Buttered Potatoes


    I cooked the prawns in pretty much the same way as I did the creamy garlic ones for lunch. Except I used saffron - love the colour and the flavour that this spice adds.
  • No comments: