Saturday 26th December '09

The drive to work these past few mornings has been smooth and quiet. Barely a cyclist out on the road. Just the way I like it.

I didn't have to bother with putting something together for lunch today. Nadine brought me some leftovers from her family lunch yesterday and I couldn't wait to get stuck into it - I had an early lunch at about 10:30am!

Nadine's Mum's Zucchini stuffed with Lamb Mince & Rice


These were sooo good! Nadine had mentioned that although the side of rice was the same as the mixture they stuffed the zucchinis with, they tasted different. I concur!

I think I'll be asking for the recipe for this...


K's RESTAURANT
2/182 James Street, Northbridge

Jocelyn treated us to dinner tonight to celebrate her new job.

I've seen this restaurant many times but never actually tried it. Jocelyn says she and David go here quote often and they find that the set menus are of great value. I thought the menus would be available online, so I didn't bother to really read it or make notes of the dishes. I shall have to wing the descriptions!

The restaurant serves French and Japanese fusion.

We all had the $50 set menu.

starter: Consomme with Tofu
There was a layer of deliciously light and creamy tofu in the bottom of each ramikin. A nice simple soup that tasted very much like the sort of soup Mum makes.


1st course: Millefeuille of Chicken & Scallop
This dish looked stunning in its presentation, but in taste it was a bit odd. There were layers of cucumber between a slice of chicken breast and a scallop on the top. Served with a fusion of sauces such as miso, basil and chilli. I'm not sure that the chicken and scallop were a great combination.


2nd course: Seafood Spring Roll
These were pretty average spring rolls with the same three fusion sauces that accompanied the first entree. Again, the presentation was gorgeous.


3rd course: Salmon Carpaccio
This was delicious! Mum really liked it too.




main course: Beef Fillet
I asked for my steak medium rare and it was cooked perfectly.

I suppose in keeping with the Japanese influence, we were also given a bowl of steamed rice each to accompany our main dish.


David had the Creamy Seafood Croquettes


Mum and Jocelyn had the Fish of the Day, which was snapper.


dessert: Green Tea Brulee
My two favourite desserts are green tea ice cream and creme brulee. I could only make the one choice for dessert - two of my favourite desserts combined as one. Delicious!

Mum had the Mango Pudding

No comments: