Thursday 4th February 2010

Lunch
Instant Ramen with Fish & Bean Sprouts


I spent the day crossing things off my 'to do' list. I cleaned out the aquarium, gave Simba a bath, paid bills online, updated my budget spreadsheet, went out for groceries, did some online shopping, and tidying.

Dinner
Scotch Fillet Steak - rare
with Green Peppercorn & Mushroom Cream Sauce
& roasted Buttered Potatoes


As you can see, the steak was really rare!


I took out the Nespresso machine that I was given and plugged it in to make a coffee. I finally got around to going to Myers in the city to check out the range of coffee pods.

I bought the 'Welcome Pack':
250 x Nespresso pods
and a free Nespresso pod display box

All for $179 - so it works out to about 71 cents per pod. Nice.


I don't have the Aerocino that froths the milk but I'll have to keep an eye out for it and buy it later on. For now, I'll be content with just expressos and warming my milk on the stove.

The crema on the Nespresso coffee was nice and creamy - a sign of good quality coffee. I warmed some soy milk on the stove and poured it in to make myself a flat white before bed.

No comments: