Thursday 20th May 2010

I totally forgot that I had a frozen stash of meatballs in the freezer! They're my Pork and Leek Meatballs. I thawed them out overnight and today made lunch with them.

I made a rich tomato sauce with garlic, onion, celery, canned crushed tomatoes, white wine, ground sweet paprika, ground coriander and chilli. I cooked the meatballs in the sauce while it was simmering. I threw the spaghetti in when the meatballs were cooked.

Pork & Leek Meatballs in a Rich Tomato Sauce with Spaghetti

I sprinkled some grated pecorino and garnished with a fresh basil leaf. Pretty!


Oh my god! I could not believe how soft the meatballs were! I thought that after being frozen they wouldn't retain the same qualities that they have when they're fresh. The meatballs were melt in your mouth and packed with lots of flavour.

I couldn't help giggling to myself in glee while eating this. I am soooo happy with myself!

Taste this, Matt Preston!

"Aah Saz, you've done it again!"


I look forward to lots of pasta dishes this winter, accompanied by a glass of red. My inventory has been replenished with this order!

No comments: