Wednesday 12th May 2010

Dinner
Ling with Basil Pesto
served with fresh Rocket & Roasted Pumpkin salad with Pinenuts

For dinner tonight I felt like fish. I defrosted a piece of ling, then smothered it with some basil pesto, a splash of olive oil and baked it in the oven wrapped in baking paper and aluminium foil.

After about ten minutes, I let it rest for about five minutes and then served the fish with a squeeze of lime and salad. For the salad I threw together some fresh rocket from the garden, pinenuts and roasted slices of pumpkin.

After dinner I busied myself to prepare some MINI CORNDOGS for Natalie's farewell lunch tomorrow at work. I managed to resist and only had one - for quality control of course.

Mini frankfurts coated in cornflour; heating the oil for deepfrying.



Beautiful golden crisp polenta battered corndogs.


Supper
Mum's Wintermelon Soup


Before bed I got my creative juices flowing and made a card for Natalie. I really need to find some time to do some scrapbooking.

No comments: